There have been instances in the past when lawsuits have gone horribly wrong for upright people with genuine cases, just because of some innocent mistakes. You should avoid these mistakes as much as possible, since you will give an opening to the defendant’s lawyer along with your insurance provider, to use them against you in the lawsuit.
The very first mistake which you should avoid is to lie to the authorities and other people associated with your case. This way, you will be able to avoid the consequences of lying and losing your lawsuit. Another mistake to avoid is to make inaccurate submission of the form of NO Fault to the court. If your details are not genuine, then you might end up losing all of the No Fault privileges and benefits. Hence, make genuine and innocuous No Fault form submission.
Mistakes to avoid
- There will surely be a surveillance carried out on you, by the insurance provider of the defendant. So, you should make sure that your daily activities don’t contradict any statement made in your claims, against the other party. Have a good day and try to enjoy it, but don’t deny anything in front of the jury. It can lend you in hot waters.
- Don’t tell any kind of information related to your case in any way to jurors, defense lawyers, insurance adjusters and people working for the defender. Instead, tell these people to talk to your auto accident lawyer.
- Avoid making new postings or uploading latest photos on social networking sites, which can seriously jeopardize your case. There will be people, who will try to find loopholes or look for things, which can successfully twist your claims, and put them in your favor.
- Don’t sign any paper until and unless your lawyer is right there with you and he/she has checked each and every part of the document carefully.
- Don’t miss your doctor appointments unless you have a very good reason for it, and don’t get rid of any important evidence, especially those obtained from your doctor, such as prescriptions, casts, pill or syrup bottles, braces, etc.
- Take the help of your lawyer to take pictures or videos of your injuries and the treatment you got for them. This will help you to document them as evidence, and prove to the jury that how much it has been hard for you to carry on with your life and work after the accident.
IMEs and SSD
Before you go and apply for IMEs and SSD, you should consult your lawyer. You should hire one of the most capable and effective traffic accident lawyers Melbourne, who understands all of your hardships and represents you in the court. Ensure that there is a proper communication between you and your lawyer as each and every interaction between you two will have a direct effect on your case.
Keep in mind that your case is different from others and there is no connection to others’ cases, so all of the outcomes and decisions will be based on the proceedings of your own case.