Technology is a necessary segment of human evolution. No matter it is business, classrooms, agriculture, banking or any other fields, technology have allowed us to improve the efficiency and ease the task. By technology now it is possible to get a complete idea of any place, for example many real estate sites these days offers 360 degree views of any sample flat like “Godrej Summit Gurgaon” where investors get a complete idea about the property. With technology becoming more omnipresent and schools & study centers being upgraded, the advantages and disadvantages of artificial intelligence have been the center of attention in many heated discussions amid education and technology experts.
In spite of everything, machines are getting smarter, and artificial intelligence is now a reality not a fiction. Teachers could soon assist through a digital classroom. What could possibly go wrong?
Reasons Why it Works
- Custom-made Learning: Much consideration is usually given to what students are studies, with a past tendency to focus on syllabus. On the other hand, how a student learns is just as important. Developments in AI are offering teachers a better perceptive of how their students learn and allowing them to modify the set of courses accordingly.
- Intelligent Tutoring Systems: Intelligent Tutoring Systems aren’t only the part of SCI-FI movies—they already available in this real world. While away from the standard, they are able to working without a teacher having to be present and can efficiently test and support the student using a range of algorithms.
- Compatible Group Formation: By examining students’ abilities, AI can form groups particularly matched to a certain task, or groups that poise one learner’s weaknesses with another learner’s strengths.
- Intelligent Moderation: This helps human tutors, mediators and teachers to examine the data produced by large groups with the support of AI techniques like machine learning. In turn, teachers can be more proficient in the classroom.
- Immediate Problem Solving Assessment: This decrease the load on educators by providing immediate instruction in a classroom setting.
- Improving Course Quality: Artificial Intelligence can evaluate blueprints in which a large number of learners submit incorrect answers to the similar questions. By awarding the teacher to these patterns, this can assist teachers to be more efficient.
- Custom Textbooks: Teachers will be capable of import a program and AI will make a course book contain the core content. This feature makes for an unbelievable amount of customization on a big level.
- Game Based Learning Atmospheres: Using gamification to inspire students can help pick up retention while making the learning experience enjoyable.
- Language Translation: Even as today’s translation applications are not as precise as human translation, but Artificial Intelligent translation can be quicker and more efficient. AI translation has the possibilities to bridge the gap of language for many second students.
- Empowering the Differently Abled: Artificial Intelligence programs that increase the educational experience for the physical challenged are already in progress by many companies. These developments can gift learners with special requirements a greater sense of self-sufficiency.
Reasons to be doubtful
- Expenditure: When adding the cost of installation, maintenance and repair, it’s obvious that AI is expensive. Only the big & reputed institutes will find themselves in a position to help from AI.
- Dependency: As we depend on machines & technology to make everyday tasks well-organized, but it will increase the dependency & addiction of AI.
- Lack of Personal relationships: Even as AI advances the education system, they should not be measured an alternate for personal relationship. Depending over on AI to grade or tutor may lead to educational mistakes that harm learners more than facilitate.
- Job loss: Making technology & AI more efficient could create recession in employment sector. Efficient robots with AI can replace and already replacing the humans which create a heavy job loss.
- Efficient Decision Making: Machines are getting smarter day by day. They are representing not only skills to learn, but to instruct other machines. On the other hand, it is controversial whether they can execute intuition-based decision making in new conditions, which often happens in the classroom.
- Loss of information: When the unavoidable error occurs and an AI needs repairs, how much information will be vanished?
When it comes to the advantages and disadvantages of AI, there are evidently more advantages. On the other hand, in order to fully gain from AI, equilibrium must be struck in the middle of the machines that optimize tasks and the individual that work on the machines. The motive of AI in the fields shouldn’t be to replace people. It should be work for the people only.
Comments are closed.