Rice is one of the major grains in the world. Many different recipes prepared with rice. It is the source of energy for many people. From the regular plain rice to royal biryani, authentic pulao to auspicious rice kheer, healthy khichdi to versatile fried rice – every recipe requires rice as their main ingredient. Rice preparations associate with a rich history in various regions. If you are a new learner in cooking, then perhaps you have learned the regular rice preparation. Rice preparations are huge in the count and it is almost impossible to compile in a short span. However, some of the famous and irresistible dishes are described below:
- Fried Rice: It is a gift from the Chinese cuisine to the world. Fried rice is a very famous rice dish that is comforting and superbly delicious. It has a number of variations including basic fried rice, chicken fried rice, vegetable fried rice and lots more. It can be prepared with cold or leftover rice. Fried rice that is prepared with leftover rice has a better taste for its al-dente texture. Lots of ingredients can be added to this authentic rice preparation including sweetcorn, peas, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, bokchoy, peppers (of different colors), cashews, chicken etc. You can easily cook fried rice by following its easy recipe.
- Masala Rice: This preparation can be done with leftover rice. It is a quick and simple recipe. You can take a raita or yogurt bowl as an accompaniment. Cucumber raita or boondiraita can go extremely well with the spicy rice. Some of its variations are vegetable masala rice, chicken masala rice, egg masala rice, etc. You can follow the internet to learn the masala rice recipe.
- Biryani: There is hardly anyone available, who does not love to relish this classic and royal preparation. It is perfect for every celebration. Its varieties are almost uncountable. Many regions have their own preparations of biryani. It cooked with lots of local flavours from various regions. Mughlai Biryani has come from the Mughal Empire’s kitchen. This unique cooking recipe combines rice with meat and spices.
Lucknowi Biryani is a little bit different from the Mughlai biryani. It is somewhat milder for the usage of less quantity of spices as compared to the former one. Hyderabadi Biryani is extremely rich and spicy. Some other types of biryani are Ambur Biryani, Kolkata Biryani, Bombay Biryani, Kacchi Biryani, Tahiri (vegetarian biryani), Middle Eastern Biryani, Malabar Biryani etc.
- Pulao: Pulao preparations are an integral part of various occasions. Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian – both types of pulao are equally popular. Biryani and pulao preparation technique is completely different. Some famous pulao recipes are Peas Pulao, Onion Pulao, Sweet Bengali Pulao, ShahiPulao, DahiPulao, Chicken Pulao, PaneerPulao, Fish Pulao, etc.
- Kheer: Kheer is heavily popular sweet dish prepared on the auspicious occasions and festivals. Kheer has a large number of variations and some of them are prepared with rice including Rice Kheer, PaalPayasam, Phirni, Chawal Ki Kheer, etc.
From easy to tricky – rice preparations are evergreen.