Green tea is well-known for its ability to burn fat and this is the reason for the booming sales of green tea online in India. But do you know that green tea carries many other health benefits as well? Read this article to know more.
Green tea has been used for thousands of years, not just as a beverage but a power-packed super drink that benefits the body in many ways. As the problem of obesity is a great concern all over the world, its fat burning ability is general advertised and is the reason most of us consume it on a daily basis.
We’ve created a list to inform you about those health benefits of green tea that are not generally discussed or advertised, and most of us are just unaware of them.
- Cholesterol- Apart from burning those extra pounds, green tea also helps in reducing the amount of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the body while increasing the HDL (good) cholesterol. Green tea contains catechin polyphenols and EGCG that are clinically proven to improve the ratio between LDL and HDL cholesterol.
- Cancer- A number of studies have confirmed that the chemicals in green tea, especially EGCG, helps in preventing the onset of many different types of cancer, like prostate, lung and breast cancer. The compounds in green tea can eliminate the cancerous cells without affecting any of the healthy cells.
- Heart Diseases- Green tea strengthens the blood vessels and allows them to withstand the changes in blood pressure. Moreover, it also prevents the formation of blood clots that result in heart attacks.
- Diabetes- Green tea helps in regulating the levels of sugar in the blood, especially after we eat something. This helps in preventing the sudden spikes in insulin levels which also result in accumulation of fats.
- Oral Health- Clinical studies suggest that the catechin in green tea can kill the viruses and bacteria that can result in dental problems. It helps in improving the overall dental health and reduces the risk of dental caries.
- Depression- Green tea contains theanine, an amino acid which relaxes your brain and helps in eliminating stress and depression. It protects the cells in the brain from damage and also aids in the delaying the mental deterioration that is caused while surfing from Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Brain Function- The caffeine in green tea is stimulant in nature and helps in keeping you alert. Some other compounds in green tea are known to improve your mental capabilities to make you a lot smarter.
- Skin Health- Green tea has excellent antioxidant properties that neutralize the free radicals before they can result in signs of aging on the skin. Regular consumption of green tea also helps in protecting the skin from some common skin-related problems, like acne, blemishes and pimples.
- Antibacterial and Antiviral- The catechins in green tea also have potent antiviral and antibacterial properties that efficiently protect you from many common problems, like cold, flu, influenza and even cancer. It strengthens your immune system and aids in preventing the spread of disease.
- Energy Levels- The antioxidants in green tea aids in producing energy and also do the job of regular cell-cleaning. As a result, it makes you feel fresh and energized throughout the day.
Now that you have many additional reasons to drink green tea, go ahead and buy green tea online in India to live a healthier and happier life.