If you buy paintings online and love adorning your professional and personal spaces with them then you might have had come across the term ‘wall murals’.
For those of you who haven’t, a mural is any piece of artwork either painted or pasted on the wall or ceiling. The most differentiable characteristic is that the elements of the space are seamlessly incorporated into the picture.
Wall murals are the perfect replacements of the textured paints, patterns, and designs that are made with sponges and rollers. These ravishing wallpapers have been in trend this whole year and hence, there is no reason for you all to refrain from giving this trend a try.
Don’t worry! For those of you who like revamping the look of their house after a certain period of time; the self-adhesive PVC murals get removed when heated with a hairdryer without destroying the walls.
Astonishingly, if you buy charismatic paintings online or this mural, it will cost a fraction of what you will pay for any designer wall and will serve your purposes of getting lost in the world of imagination, optical illusion etc. well.
So, keep reading to know the most appropriate way of placing murals on the wall.
The wall that you will be pasting the mural on should be primed, smooth. However, if the wall is rough, it should be sanded before pasting the mural. Walls near heat sources like kitchen and fireplaces should be avoided.
You will need a friend or family person to help you in holding and pasting the mural.
Scissors, adhesive tape, felt spatula, a cloth, a needle, a level are some of the other materials required.
Hanging Wall Mural
- Firstly, you should roll out your mural and let it rest on a flat surface by keeping some heavy object. So that it doesn’t fold again and let it rest for at least an hour. Also, keep the temperature between 15 to 28 degrees.
- Keep the backing paper attached and then tape the mural to the wall that you have selected. You would need to adjust the mural a bit to get the desired position. For the same, you can observe the mural from afar and keep guiding your friend.
- When you are ready for hanging the mural in the position you have taped it, make marks with a pencil and start working from top to the bottom. Remove the tape and then gently peel the back paper from the mural to one-fifth part.
- After peeling it off, stick the top part of the mural onto the wall, smoothen it from every side bit by bit with the spatula to get rid of the air bubbles.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining portion as well.
Now that you know the best and easy procedure of pasting the wall murals, you must order one, the next time when you buy paintings online.