A healthy and balanced diet is fundamental for the development and growth of children. Hence the importance of taking cares of our children’s food. Nutritious foods are those that provide the body with the nutrients, vitamins, calories and other components necessary for optimal performance throughout the day.
It is important to include food for Kids healthy foods in the daily diet of the little ones. In this way, you will instill healthy life habits that will accompany you throughout your life.
Here is a list of 10 nutritious foods for children that should not be lacking in their diet and that will help their development and growth.
1. Avocado, rich in good fats
It is a great source of soluble fiber that helps stabilize blood sugar. Rich in vitamin E, which protects from free radicals. Babies from 6 months of age can also start eating avocado. However, it is advisable to ask your pediatrician in advance, this will give you the necessary recommendations to start complementary feeding. You can eat it raw, in salads.
2. Blueberries, high nutritional value
This fruit is an important source of energy and if you have children you know that they spend a lot throughout the day. However, babies from 8 months of age can start eating cranberries in the form of juices or compotes, since the fruit is small and can choke.
3. Oats, healthy energy
Oatmeal is a cereal rich in fiber and provides slow-absorbing carbohydrates. That is, it is a source of healthy energy and, in addition, it is very complete at the level of proteins, vitamins and minerals. Children should consume oats with caution, especially oatmeal, as these contain a lot of fiber.It is advisable to introduce oats in the child’s diet after one year of age.
4. Salmon, rich in omega-3
Salmon is a fish rich in healthy fats (omega-3 fatty acids) that helps lower cholesterol and increase blood flow. It’s also an important food for Kids; it’s the function of the brain and for a healthy nervous system.
Salmon protects against infections and is necessary for the development of the nervous system and for night vision.
5. Spinach, Great food
Spinach has laxative properties; as they are a good source of fiber. They have a high content of iron and other minerals that favor the formation of red blood cells.
And in addition, they have other benefits such as:
- They are an excellent source of calcium, iron and vitamins A and C.
- They help to strengthen the muscles.
- They protect the skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Reduces eye diseases
6. Sweet potatoes, sweet and sweet flavor
The sweet potato is a tuber with a soft and sweet flavor. Sweet potato is a natural source of potassium that contains a lot of vitamin A and is very nutritious and rich in antioxidants. It is an important source of carotenes, which contribute to skin care inside and out. And also, it is ideal for children in exam periods, since it improves memory.
7. Yogurt source of calcium
It is an excellent food for the little ones of the house and has numerous benefits, among which the following are included:
- Yogurt is rich in calcium and protein and helps form the bones and teeth of children.
- It allows the development of bacterial flora.
- It contains lactic acid that stimulates the action of digestive enzymes.
- It is digested easier than milk and the organism assimilates all its components better.
8. Kiwi with many vitamins
It can be introduced into the diet of children from 12 months of age, but in cases where the mother consumes it regularly and there are no allergies to other foods, you can start earlier.
Some of its benefits are:
- Vitamin C increases defenses by decreasing colds.
- The kiwi is also rich in vitamin E, which protects the skin and helps fight infections.
- It is rich in fiber and therefore helps prevent constipation in children.
- It has a high content of natural enzymes that facilitate digestion.
- It is rich in magnesium, which contributes to the formation of bones and teeth.
9. Egg, a complete body food
The egg is a very complete food, since it is rich in nutrients, has few calories and helps in the growth of the little ones in the house.
This food should be incorporated little by little after 10 months of the baby. It is one of the foods that most allergies produce and therefore, it is necessary to start with a quarter cooked yolks and increase if the child does not have allergic reactions.
10. Cocoa, extra energy source
The cocoa is a natural fruit that after a process of elaboration turns into chocolate. It is a very energetic food with nutrients such as calcium, phosphate, vegetable proteins, and minerals and also contains flavonoids (antioxidants).
Some of its benefits are:
- It makes children more active and awake, which can help in their learning.
- It helps the muscles and bones to strengthen.
- It is anti-stress food and is that it has some bio-active compounds that correct the imbalances of the nervous system.
- It has multiple benefits, but you have to consume it in moderation.