The state of Himachal Pradesh has always been considered to be ones of the best places to visit, in terms of vacations. If you want to find a state with a number of different cities that can satisfy the tourists urges within you, then you should include HP in your list.
Unsure about the food you need to carry while travelling to this beautiful town Bilaspur? Or do you want to get some experience about the kind of food you will get there? Then the trains travelling to the nearby Railway station should be able to take care of these questions for you! You just need to take out 5 minutes of your time, pre-book your train food parcel and you are all set to go!
What makes Bilaspur such a special place, you may ask? Then here are some fun facts for you to consider:
- It is the first planned hill town of India and houses the dream project of India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru – the Bhakra Nangal Dam. This dam is considered to be one of the finest in the whole world, because this is the largest in terms of high gravity.
- Because of the building of this vast and scenic dam, there is a wonderful lake that has been formed, which is also breathtakingly beautiful – the Gobind Sagar Lake. This is not just a lake where you can sit and watch as the sun rises or sets, or where you can splash about a bit in the water. This lake is very famous for the number of daring and fun activities organised on its banks. So, if you fancy a bit of thrill, such as kayaking, deep water swimming, surfing, canoeing and rowing, and white water rafting, in one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, then this should be the top one on your list.
- The lake is also considered to be a “waterfowl refuge” as there are a number of birds and animals, which visit it to quench their thirst and live their lives. Many people have enjoyed the sights of various rare to beautiful animals near this enormous lake, and some of the animals are chinkaras, wild boars, sambars, wolves and panthers.
- The weather in Bilaspur stays pleasant almost the entire year, although the peak seasons to visit this city are July through September.
- The city also has a number of places that have historic and religious values. So, if you want to include visits to caves and temples where great sages once meditated and also enjoy the sight of some majestic forts, then you don’t need to find another city for this.
Bilaspur is just another of those gems that have been lurking in the plain sight of all of us. We just need to seize the opportunity and visit this wonderful city.