Don’t you know, what is a skin tag? – skin tags are small flaps of skin that come out from different body parts. They are not painful and also are not a medical threat. Most doctors advise to leave them alone if they are not problematic to you. Still, you want to remove your skin tags then you should approach the best dermatologist.
Because one wrong move can ruin your skin. No one affords to destroy their skin. However, beauty comes after healthy skin. Don’t quit your treatment just because of pain, easy treatments are now available. Well-experienced doctors can hold your skin tag removal without pain and help your skin to become more healthy and pure.
Consider below points to understand it’s working flow…
- Make an appointment with dermatologist: Most of the skin tags are harmless but it is best to talk with a dermatologist if you notice that the tag is darker than your skin’s actual color, larger in size or unusual in shape. If you remove the tag without consulting any specialist then you are going to lose valuable time which will lead to a large problem.
Skin tags should not change color. If this happens then you should talk to your dermatologist. He is the only person who can help you in removing the tag.
- Have your doctor cut off your skin tag: Your skin doctor will numb the skin with a cream and use a scalpel to cut the tag away from the base. They may also snip the tag off using a sharp pair of medical scissors. The procedure is also called excision.
- Ask your doctor to freeze it: When you visit your doctor to cure a skin tag, he will use a probe to apply a small amount of liquid nitrogen to the site of your skin tag. This method is medically called, cryosurgery. The tag will fall off once it is frozen.
- Ask your doctor to burn your tag off: Medically this method is known as cauterization. Your doctor will use a small probe to apply a heat source on the skin tag surface. The heat provided by the electrical current will burn off the tag resulting in an easy removal.
- Let the dermatologist cut off your tag’s blood supply: This method is called as ligation. Your doctor will apply a small band to the base of the tag. This will cut off the blood supply to the upper part of the tag and cause it to die and fall off your skin. The process will take few days, depending on your tag size and location. This method can be quite painful.
- Recognize the benefits of professional medical care: It can be treated at home too but your doctor will care all your way to removal. They will use sterile instruments to prevent infections. They also help you with rubbing creams on the affected area to reduce pain after and during the procedure.
In addition, some of the methods such as, cauterization are so advance which rarely leave scars.
It may require the care of a specialist, depending on the location of the tag. Like, if your tags are around eyes then, you can be treated by an ophthalmologist.
- Allow it to go untreated: You can leave your skin tag without being treated. If it doesn’t bother you then there is no medical reason behind the removal. Thus, your dermatologist will not permit you to get treatment.
Closure: Be smart and consider all these ways to get rid of your skin tags easily. Hope, this guide is helpful to you.