When you want your message to impact a sizeable audience the best way to reach that goal is to use a banner to promote your company and the products that you have. Whether you’re at a trade show, a sporting event, a conference, or a seminar, using a banner can drive more traffic to your location. An important point to remember is that before you order a banner and display it, you should spend some time carefully planning and laying out the design that you and your printing team think will be most effective for your business. Let’s review some of the essential points you should think about when you’re going to use banners for your marketing plans.
- Banner printing should be prefaced with some careful consideration about what you want to say. Know the audience that you are targeting and use a common interest to appeal to them. After you determine what your message will be, you can move on to the style and size components of your banner.
- Next, you will need to determine with your printing professional the proper size for the banner that you need. This will depend upon the distance from which your audience will be viewing the banner. You should also consider whether you’ll be using the banner indoors or outdoors; if you are displaying your banner outdoors, you should enquire about sturdy frames that can keep your banner protected and looking as professional as possible no matter the weather.
- The style of banner you choose will also determine the lifespan. Vinyl is an excellent choice and will last a very long time if properly cared for. You should clean it after each use, and store it in a tube or container so that it will be protected when it’s not in use. Ask your printer about vinyl mesh for windy conditions and canvas for press conferences and trade shows.
- How many banners should you order at one time? This will depend on how many employees will be travelling to different locations, but many times you can get a better price if you order more. You may also want to use different messages on your banners. If your product appeals to both men and women, target your male clients on one banner and the female clients on another one. Be creative and make the banners work for you so that you can get a good return on your investment.
- Finally, include the call-to-action instructions on your banner. Let your audience know what you expect them to do once they have digested your message. This will feature your telephone number, website address, or an email address where they reach you for additional information. Keep in mind that your banner is NOT a decoration; it’s a marketing tool that will be very effective if you plan and execute your strategy efficiently. By using banners you can boost your sales, increase your profits, and establish your brand in the community.