Rising inflation and unemployment has led to dwindling economic conditions. It has paved way to increased crime rates as well as burglary in many cities across the world. So for the same reason people are more concerned today about the protection of their home and property.
So the question now arises is how can we protect our home from theft and burglary? All you have to do is to take a few steps and you are done. To help you out, here I have brought that extremely effective tips to you.
- Trimming down the shrubs or small plants can be the first thing you take. Most of the time, trees and shrubs offer a good hiding place to the intruders. Trimming them down will help to increase transparency on your property.
- The next step you need to take is install nvr camera system. Make sure that it covers the entire property along with focus on all the doors and windows. This will help you identify someone who is near your home under suspicious circumstances.
- You must make sure that the property has enough lights. The darker corners are soft target for almost all intruders. So having lights around the property will help you catch the people who have entered your property.
- Cover windows with blind whenever possible. Suppose if you stay outdoors most of the time or spend good amount of time in the living room, then I would personally suggest to keeping the blinds on all windows present in other rooms. Sometimes intruders want to get a glimpse of the interior before planning a burglary.
- Another important step to take is to take care of the doors and windows regularly. You must check for the locks, window slides, handles and every other thing regularly. A little negligence and you will have to pay big. You may never know when an intruder will try to get into your house through the door with a broken lock. The decayed window frames as well as broken window glasses can even make your home vulnerable. So make sure you carry out regular maintenance of your home to avoid such situations.
- With smart alarm system available in the market, you can think about having one. If you live in a posh area then I would strongly recommend it. Sometimes it can appear to be costly but, nothing is valuable than your family and your other hard earned valuables.
- One of the best times to break into a home is when the family is on vacation. So make sure that you don’t give away such signs to the criminals. You can ask a friend or neighbour to collect all the mails as well as newspaper and thus make sure that they don’t pile up. In case if you have the habit to park your car in the driveway, ask your friend or neighbour to park theirs when you are out with the family.
- Most of the people have a set of spare keys to help them out in case they get locked outside the home for any reason. Just keep in mind that the burglar is intelligent too and so he will definitely look for them at every possible place. So you need to find a place that is safe from the eyes of such people. Moreover, in case the keys disappear for unknown reasons just make sure to change your locks immediately.
- Burglars get into your home to find something pricey. So keep it in mind to find a place for your valuable belongings away from the sight of criminals. You can even keep items like lawnmower, boats and others in garage if you are not using them frequently. Moreover, take a walk around your home and property and try to check what all items are easily visible to the outside world.
So just keep these things in mind and ensure you have a peaceful good night sleep without worrying about any break in or theft.