Kanyakumari, the most beautiful city of Tamil Nadu is located at the southernmost part of our country. Considered as an important center of art, culture and religion, the positive vibe of this place will make you come back to this picturesque town time and again.
Many prefer to go for the Rameshwaram Kanyakumari Madurai tour package while they are planning a trip to the southern part of India. If you are also going to do the same, keep substantial time in your hand for Kanyakumari. Because not only the temples, parks and viewpoints, Kanyakumari has a special attraction in store for you which is the sea beach. This is the only sea beach in our country where you can actually witness both sunrise and sunset. Here are top five places of Kanyakumari you must not miss on your trip. Keep reading.
- Kanyakumari Temple: This is one of the most popular temples of Kanyakumari. This temple is said to be one of the 108 Shakti Peethas of Hindu mythology. Thousands of devotees across the country throughout the year come to visit this place. Do not miss it by any means!
- Suchindrum: When in Kanyakumari, do visit the small temple town of Suchindrum. This place is 11km away from the heart of the city and is famous for the temples that are brilliant examples of Dravidian architectural style. Check out the structure called gopurams which will attract your mind.
- Vivekananda Rock: One of the most important places of Kanyakumari is Vivekananda Rock which is located 100meters off the shore. You can always reach this small rock island by ferries. Check out the two main complexes of this entire structure- Vivekananda Mandapam and Sripada Mandapam. The local myths that are related with the coming of the being of this place is something you must not miss to listen to. Do visit this place.
- Padmanabhapuram Palace: Check out this beautiful rock fortress which is adorned with ornate designs and is a brilliant example of the Dravidian architectural brilliance. This fortress used to be the residence of the Travancore rulers at a point of time. The fort also has a small museum which contains various important artefacts from the ancient time. Do check this place out for an enriching experience of the culture of this place.
- Olakaruvi Falls: By this time if you are tired with the monuments and temples and palaces and fortresses, make sure you visit this beautiful waterfall named Olakaruvi Falls which is nestled in the Western Ghats and is almost 20km away from the heart of the city. You can always opt for trekking through the dense forest in order to reach the upper portion of this waterfall. Many prefer to take a bath in the waterfall’s lower side.
Madurai to Rameshwaram Kanyakumari tour package is also very famous and could be a life-changing experience for you if you are going to explore the marvels of South India for the first time. Have a great trip ahead!
Comments are closed.